Monday, February 11, 2013

Changes...

The first part of every year means taking a minute to reflect on what the last year has meant.  Not just as an artisan, but as a business owner and as a person.

2012 taught me not to take anything for granted.  In the blink of an eye, you can lose something and that loss can have such an impact on life.

I still love the glass.  That is a constant in my life, but I find that sometimes it becomes more a job and less a love so I have to step back and find something that feeds my creative hunger that is just about playing.  I've learned that this playing often finds it way into my glass passion and that's okay.  Because I have fun and it gives me a chance to let go of the business self and let the creative self off the leash.

Spool knitting was something I remember doing as a child.  Finding it again and using wire was the perfect way to make chains for the lampwork that  needs something that doesn't distract from the beads, but adds that finishing touch that completes the piece.

And then there is paper...such a change from the "hard" of glass and wire, and definitely just for fun.  Using the Cameo to make little boxes and playing with vector art to make cards and it's about just having fun.


No comments:

Post a Comment