Monday, March 18, 2013

March

Yep, it's March although today you wouldn't think so.  With blizzard like conditions, I have decided this is a good day to stay in and work on catching up with my bead life.

The torch ran more hours this past week than it has for the last year.  And it felt really good, even though I felt awkward and struggled.  But it didn't take long for me to remember why glass and fire keep calling me back.  It is that time where nothing but the colors and movement and shapes matter.  Finding the rhythm again and feeling when the bead comes into balance is all about the senses.  It really doesn't matter whether they are perfect right now, it's just important to find my way back because glass is one of the things that anchors me, helps me find balance in the rest of my life and reminds me that beauty is never far away.






2 comments:

  1. Beautiful! So glad you are back to playing with glass.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely work Deronda! Can't wait to see what you are doing!

    ReplyDelete