Monday, January 24, 2011

Hmmm...I think I should blog more.


It's hard to believe how long it's been since I last was here. It's not that I haven't been busy with my creative life, so there really no excuse for my absence.

Someone asked about the leap from hobbyist to business. When I sit down at the torch most days, I have no plan. I've been on such a frit journey these last months that I can guarantee there are frits already out and ready to use. Then it becomes about shapes and base colors and how will things react together. As things are going into the kiln, they are my creative bits...when they come out, they have magically transformed into product. But there is that part of me that truly enjoys the business side of it as I strive to create a product that is not only artistic, but also affordable and durable.

And now for some of my faves for this week...







and maybe these...



6 comments:

  1. Nice to have you back!! the beads are YUMMY
    ~Sharon~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I especially love that first set! Makes me think reptillian. Would be gorgeous with some lapiz and mallachite! Samma

    ReplyDelete
  3. I sure am glad there's your business ... how else would I have gotten to know you and your great work? Mostly you, though :-*

    ReplyDelete
  4. ~YES...YES my dear beautiful friend...you should come here and share a wee bit more!!! i love seeing the gorgeous pieces you create...much love light and blessings be with you always~

    ReplyDelete