Saturday, January 3, 2009

2009...Ready or Not

2008 was definitely a year of ups and downs for me. I have no idea what 2009 will bring, but I am excited to see where I go with the creativity that is just a part of who I am. I know that the glass will always be a part of what I do, but there are so many things that intrigue me that I just want to try.

I think that I will spend the summer roaming the state checking out all the talent I know exists in my home state. Sounds much more fun that spending the summer recuperating from surgery like I did in 2008, don't you think?

Here's something you won't see often from me. But these were beads that I just had to see as soon as possible. Put on my coat, boots and gloves and trudged through a couple more inches of new snow at 2:00 in the morning over to the studio because I just had to see just the one bead. Teehee...such disappointment it was. Using sterling silver wire to form the initial D and using it in a bead worked. Might have been better if I hadn't put it in upside down. The raku up and disappeared as well. But on the positive note, I can use sterling wire instead of fine silver or copper.
It seems like the dead of winter is when I want to make flower beads, so I tried a few iris.

5 comments:

  1. I always wondered about the holes in the beads. That's how you do it! Do those rods ever get stuck? They are beautiful, needless to say!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These Iris beads are just gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for the compliments. And yes, every once in awhile, a bead will get stuck on a mandrel. Usually if I have spent way too much time trying to do "more" with a bead when I should have left well enough alone.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely beads. I love flower glass beads :)

    ReplyDelete