Thursday, February 7, 2008

It's an Etsy thing

Wow! It's been such a whirlwind since this time last year. Lots and lots of firsts...my first sale, my first show, my first website, my first Etsy shop, and on and on....



I'm not sure where I first heard of Etsy, but I set up a shop and finally got up enough courage to list some beads in October. And "nothing" happened. The beads sat there and sat there and sat there and I had just about decided this was NOT a good idea when I got my first sale the middle of December. And while we won't be able to retire on the sales, it's kind of a nice feeling. One of my biggest thrills was when I got an email with pictures of what was being made with some of my beads. This rosary was made by Anne Madison of Atelier-Beads.


I just joined the street team, etsyBEAD, and am beginning to find my way around. So okay, I still get lost often, but I'm learning.

I'd still rather be making beads than taking photos of them or listing them, but until I discover a way to train those silly beads to sell themselves, I guess that is just part of it. I am looking at new cameras, but just can't make up my mind.

Time to get back to work...there is big pile of beads just waiting to be cleaned and photographed and they don't do that themselves either.

No comments:

Post a Comment