Monday, October 13, 2008

Not the Best Week

I'm not sure why, but this just hasn't been my week. And it shows in everything that I have tried to do this week. Now Jeff would tell me...just tell 'em it was meant to be that way, but somehow that seems dishonest.


See this pretty little pendant to be? Well, the glass seems to have shifted and made it strange at the bottom. Therefore, it will become mine I guess. I may do some wire-wrapping on it to see if I can salvage something from it.

Most things don't even make it as far as the camera when they are "rejects". It becomes part of pile of ever growing rejects that may someday meet Mr. Hammer and become bits and pieces of broken glass to fill in a flower pot.

I can whine about what a lousy week it's been, but I think I will just accept that without the bad weeks, I wouldn't appreciate the good weeks quite as much. But I did manage to come up with 2 things that I really, really like this week.....

A hollow. Almost perfectly balanced and clear.


A leaf.
If you know me, you will know that I love making leaves. Sometimes I am not sure where the colors come from, but somehow this one has been sitting on my desk and the colors keep drawing me back.

Tomorrow is Monday and hopefully will be the beginning of a much better and more productive week.

11 comments:

  1. I hope today starts out a better week for you too.

    And I like your tree that you say is imperfect.

    Marcy

    ReplyDelete
  2. D -- I love the hollow bead. The colors (or lack of ?) and the swirly design are right up my alley!
    Vicki

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Deronda, I just wanted to let you know that I think that tree is incredible! I love the colours and the way they fade into the background. Sometimes we are far to critical of our own work ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, what beautiful work. Hope your days get better!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi. I like your glass work very much. I do a bit of stained glass, when I have time.
    I have a simple blog in Portuguese about Glass Art, called "arte em vidro". I have a section where I post other artists work. It would be lovely to show your work to my visitors. If you´d like to collaborate in my blog just leave me a comment.
    Best Regards. Mizé.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That hollow is supreme, the swirl just makes it....but the leaf, it is just almost "bite-able" and reminds me of vanilla ice cream with butterscotch topping!!!! Maybe that is what keeps drawing you back to it, hunger.
    dmzapp

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi D you know I love all of your art, however, the leaf is just stunning. Hope your week is better
    Nicole/Beadwrgiht

    ReplyDelete
  8. The leaf is so beautiful! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, Deronda - don't you know that even your "bad" weeks looks beautifiul to others! :-)

    BTW, "tag," you're it! Details at my blog! *smiles* Peace, Sue
    http://signature-sterling.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. The leaf is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  11. it is a beautiful leaf. And you do have a good attitude, and that's half the battle. {:-D

    ReplyDelete