Sunday, August 10, 2008

Healing....impatiently!

I had a check-up with the surgeon on Thursday. Once again, things didn't go as smoothly as I had anticipated. Seems I had fluid around my right lung that needed to be drained, and it's not the most pleasant thing to have done. But it's done now, and will hopefully help speed up the healing process. I am beginning to get cranky-there are things I want to do, but I get tired so easily that it takes me forever to get anything done.


I did try and make a few beads. All the movement of my arms is still a bit too much for the chest incision, so it will have to wait a bit. I've been trying to slowly get the fusing table cleaned up so I can play with that, and I got out the tiny torch to try and do some silver fused rings, but I need to work on how to do that correctly. And I need to find my hammer so I can do some pounding on silver....hmm, a good way to take out some of the frustations?

I did get some beautiful flowers from my WC friends...what amazing people they are!

So right now life is pretty boring, but I wake up every morning hoping that I will find the energy to at least wander out to the studio. I just ordered some bits of glass...I want to make something from the card I got from Vicki so you will have to watch for it....I think it's something I can do without causing my poor ol' body any more pain or stress.

Until later...hopefully next time I will have "something" to show you that I have done.

1 comment:

  1. I know it's hard, but you probably need to take it easy a little longer. The torch and the fusing will be there waiting.
    Vicki

    ReplyDelete